That cycling is a normal part of transport and everyday life in Ireland.
To act as a non-governmental organisation for purposes which are beneficial to the community and to be a national voice in promoting cycling as an integral part of the transport system, and as an enjoyable, healthy, low-cost and environmentally-friendly activity in its own right. In pursuance of this mission we will:
• Develop and publicise policy
• Make submissions on planning and transport matters
• Undertake research, training and education
• Raise funds
Aims / Objectives
- Cyclist.ie seeks a dramatic improvement in road safety and traffic conditions for all cyclists
- Cyclist.ie views the realisation of these aims as vital to facilitate a marked increase in the numbers of commuters (including children) choosing the bicycle as a means of daily transport.