Millions of euro in funding is to be spent improving accessibility between Kent Station and the city centre; construction on the project commenced summer 2014. Iarnród Éireann had been seeking to enhance the existing facilities at the Cork train station, with plans to develop the North Docks with an entrance building accessed from Horgan’s Quay. Now €2.9m in funding, administered by the National Transport Authority, is to be spent on the new entrance and bus, cycle and access arrangements to improve connections to the city. Read article
- Easier access to railway station and more cycle routes proposed
- Irish Examiner: Kent station revamp – public transport plan and Facelift planned for Cork’s Kent Station
- Cork Green Routes background
- Some objections (parking!)
- Campaign on behalf of Cork Cyclists
- Sent in their own submission on the proposal for this project
- Meet first wednesday of every month at 7pm in the Bodega, Coalquay, Cork.